Odyssey Charter School is committed to offering parents an alternative public school choice. As such, we aim to help parents make an informed decision about whether Odyssey Charter School is an appropriate option for their children and whether their family can support our Charter and our School Policies. Odyssey Charter School uses non-discriminatory processes and actively recruits a diverse student population from the communities being served by Odyssey.
In the event that Odyssey receives more Application Forms than it has capacity at any grade level, the School will hold a public random drawing (“lottery”). Should a lottery be necessary, the following definitions are the parameters of the admissions preferences that will be utilized in a lottery. Enrollment preference is extended to children of Odyssey employees first and siblings of current students second. Currently enrolled students are also exempt from the public random drawing. Students who are currently enrolled in or reside in the attendance area of Pasadena Unified School District's Franklin Elementry School, are eligible for up to 50% of remaining capacity in each grade after staff and sibling preference is given. Additional details can be found in the full text of our Enrollment Policy.
In order to participate in Odyssey’s Enrollment Lottery interested families must:
1. Attend an Enrollment Tour where parents will learn about Odyssey’s educational program, and visit the campus. This is step is mandatory in order to apply for admission to Odyssey
2. Complete and submit an Application Form and other relevant documents which will ensure they form part of the Enrollment Lottery by the published deadline
3. A lottery will be held, as needed, to determine enrollment by grade level, based on space available for each grade. The lottery also establishes a waiting list once all known openings are filled
4. After the lottery, all families will be notified of their enrollment status. (Space available and/or appropriate Waiting List placement)
5. Families must accept or decline enrollment within 3 business days of notification otherwise enrollment will be forfeited
6. Students on the Wait List who do not receive admission will not be automatically re-entered into next year’s lottery; they must apply again for admission. Under no circumstance will the wait list carry over to the next year.
Enrollment tour dates for the 2016-2017 school year:
Saturday, October 17th, 2015 @ 9:00-10:30am
Wednesday, October 21st, 2015 @9:00-10:30am
Saturday, November 14th, 2015 @9:00-10:30am
Wednesday, November 18th, 2015 @9:00-10:30am
Wednesday, December 9th, 2015 @9:00-10:3oam
Wednesday, January 20th, 2016 @9:00-10:30am
Wednesday, February 17th, 2016 @6:00-7:30pm
Wednesday, February 24th, 2016 @9:00-10:30am
**In order to become eligible to participate in our 2016-2017 Enrollment Lottery, interested parties must register to attend a School Tour prior to the lottery in the spring. Our school tour will detail our educational mission, curricular approach, and showcase our campus, teachers, and students in action.
**To attend a tour, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and share your name, the grade of the student(s) you are interested in enrolling at Odyssey Charter School for the 2016/2017 year, and a contact phone number. Your request to attend will be confirmed by one of our staff members.
***Please note we are unable to accommodate individual tour requests; all interested parties must attend a tour on one of the published dates, no exceptions.